One of the honor and pride of a true Omoluabi according to the Yoruba socio-cultural values is his/her ability to honor and stand by ones promises. It’s a highly esteemed value which the Yoruba’s as well as other ethnic groups attach much importance to. It’s one which has become the hallmark and a distinct feature of Hon. Tajudeen Adefisoye, lawmaker representing Idanre/Ifedore federal constituency in the house of representatives in Ondo state.
Below, is the full text from Reps member, Tajudeen Adefisoye, highlighting his activities in the last 2 years in Office.
1. Today marks the second year of my inauguration as member representing the good people of Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives. My steely resolve from the very first day of being inaugurated was to serve our people conscientiously and to provide a new vista of quality representation for them. I also vowed never to take any of my good constituents for granted and I have consciously and determinedly work towards the fulfillment of these promises.
2. We have worked relentlessly to fulfill some of our electoral promises in my first one year of office. I am also glad that the fulfilled electoral promises have been acknowledged and openly appreciated by the constituents of Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency. For the purpose of refreshing your memories, my achievements in the first year include but definitely not limited to the under listed :
i. Award of scholarship to 350 students across the federal constituency.
ii. Enrolment of 160 constituents for vocational trainings and empowerment with all necessary tools and equipments.
iii. Summer coaching for 360 school pupils in 19 centers across the federal constituency.
iv. Appointment of 46 constituents as Aides with regular payment of their allowances.
v. Disbursement of “Small Alhaji Community Grant” to 250 market women in Idanre Local Government Area.
vi. Financial empowerment of 200 traders in Ifedore Local Government Area.
vii. Donation of my Two months salaries to constituents of Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency for the purpose of cushioning the effect of Covi-19 pandemic. This is aside the donation of additional Two months salaries by each member of the Federal House of Representatives to all Nigerians.
viii. Facilitation of reinstatement of constituents into the Nigerian Police Force after years of dismissal on account of absence from duty.
ix. Renovation of the long abandoned palace of the Paramount Ruler of Idanre, the Owa of Idanre.
x. Facilitation of federal government employment opportunities for constituents.
xi. Construction of a police post at Ero in Ifedore Local Government Area.
xii. Facilitation of establishment of cassava processing plant in Idanre.
Donation of cars and motorcycles to constituents.
xiii. Facilitation of distribution of relief materials for flood victims in Idanre through the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
xiv. Cash donation to Idanre General Hospital for the offsetting of constituents medical bills.
Repair of 40 units of faulty boreholes and sinking of new ones for constituents under the scheme of ‘Operation Keep The Tap Running’.
xv. Renovation of Three Blocks of classrooms and principal office at the Anglican Grammar School, Ero in Ifedore Local Government Area.
xvi. Large scale supply of malaria, tuberculosis, typhoid vaccines and drugs for the constituency.
xvii. Massive supply of cocoa seedlings and cassava stems to farmers across the constituency.
Training and empowerment of hundreds of constituents in fish farming.
xviii. Supply of farm implements to farmers in the federal constituency.
xix. Massive construction of roads in the federal constituency.
xx. Extensive skills acquisition programs for 100 women and youths in the federal constituency.
3. In addition to the above highlighted achievements in the first year were other outstanding successes in my core legislative duties. I feel very proud to state here that the impacts of my legislative strives are already being felt by the people of our federal constituency. Moreover, some of my legislative achievements in the first year include the under listed :
i. A Bill for an Act to Establish Federal College of Forestry Management and Tourism. The bill has already gone through second reading and already sent to appropriate committee.
ii. Motion on the Urgent Need to Complete the Abandoned Owena Multi-Purpose Dam.
iii. Motion on Worrisome Disrepair State of Federal Roads Across the Country.
iv. Motion to Investigate the Circumstances Surrounding Short Payment of the Salaries of Aides in the 9th Assembly.
v. Desirability of Moving a Department of Federal College of Agriculture, Akure to Idanre.
4. Notwithstanding our achievements in the first year of office, we have refused to rest on our oars. Rather, we have further resolved to double our efforts in delivering democratic dividends to the good people of Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency. For this reason, priority attention was given to our good constituents throughout the period of my second year in office.
5. Our achievements in my second year of office definitely make me feel very proud and I can confidently beat my chest on this. Without being immodest, I can proudly opine that my achievements in the last two years have clearly outweighed those of my predecessors that had occupied the same office for 12 years. To the glory God, my second year of office has delivered hugely visible achievements in areas that include Education, Empowerment, Employment, Health, Infrastructure, Agriculture, Sports and Human capital development amongst others.
6. While the fact that we have delivered on fulfillment of electoral promises cannot be argued, we have also made efforts to benchmark excellence and quality service delivery as our minimum achievement target. We can also make bold to posit that we have evidently touched and positively impacted the lives of our constituents. Some of our achievements in the second year of office are below highlighted :
i. Purchase of 1100 JAMB for qualified candidates across the federal constituency.
ii. Award of scholarship to students across the constituency.
iii. Aggressive facilitation of federal government employment opportunities for youths in the federal constituency.
iv. Facilitating the enlistment of youth in the federal constituency into the Nigerian Army.
v. Empowerment of artisans in Idanre and Ifedore with tools and equipments.
vi. Facilitation of Federal Government Covid-19 loan for 300 people in the federal constituency.
vi. Facilitation of visa and payment of all travel expenses for constituents that opted to study and work abroad.
viii. Training and empowerment of more 400 tailors and apprentices in the federal constituency with one sewing machine each in addition to start up stipends.
ix. Renovation of public toilets in the federal constituency.
x. Disbursement of ‘Small Alhaji Money Grant’ to over 600 market woman in Idanre and Ifedore.
xi. Grading of more than 25 kilometers of roads in Idanre and Ifedore.
xii. Sinking of 10 motorized boreholes in Idanre and Ifedore.
xiii. Sinking of 5 solar powered boreholes in the federal constituency.
xiv. Successful hosting of the inaugural Idanre-Ifedore Annual football competition with the distribution of playing kits to all teams that participated.
xv. Ongoing construction of two Mini Stadia in Idanre and Ifedore.
xvi. Training and empowerment of 020 youths selected across the federal constituency in the area of Aqua-Culture.
xvii. Ongoing erosion control and rehabilitation of 2km road project at Opasorun in Idanre.
xviii. Ongoing construction and equipping of ICT center in Idanre.
Ongoing construction of skills acquisition center in Ifedore.
xix. Donation of 600 units of grinding machines, sewing machines and motor cycles to constituents.
xx. Donation and installation of solar street lights in Idanre and Ifedore.
7. It should also be noted that we have laboriously developed what is known as the “Small Alhaji Vision for Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency”. This is undoubtedly an audacious vision that is aimed at repositioning and moving our federal constituency from the path of old order to the new ways of operating in the millennia age. This vision involves conceiving digital and long term projects with the aim of making our federal constituency get compared with overseas communities. This vision is equally aimed at effecting visibly remarkable change in the outlook of communities in the federal constituency. Through this vision, we also plan to replicate overseas developmental projects in Idanre and Ifedore. The ongoing construction of mini stadia projects in Idanre and Ifedore are the pilot platforms to replicate overseas projects in our federal constituency.
8. This vision also includes the creation of avenues for our youthful constituents to acquire digital skills and trainings that will readily make them become globally competitive. Our determination to actualize this is already manifesting in the ongoing construction of European Standard Information Communication Technology (ICT) centers in Idanre and Ifedore.
Another dimension to the “Small Alhaji Vision for Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency” is the aggressive collaborative partnership with developmental bodies across the globe with the aim of achieving progressive and enduring developmental changes in our federal constituency. This vision is also inclusive of giving premium priority to human capital development and overall welfare and wellbeing of my constituents.
9. There is need to underscore the fact that my focus in the last two years has been on human capital development and we will not look back on our determined vision to progressively bring visible development to the youths in our federal constituency.
10. I want to assure on my integrity that all ongoing world class projects in our constituency would be completed in a record time. Also, plans have been perfected to organize a grand empowerment program that will take care of all our party members and non-party members alike. By the grace of God, the empowerment program has been carefully planned to hold in the month of August and it will serve as my next birthday gift to all my constituents. I want assure that the empowerment program will take care of all our party members and non-party members alike.
We are also working assiduously to ensure that all our ongoing projects will comply with the highest level of structural integrity. We are truly determined to leave a legacy of quality projects and we will never deviate from this course of action. I want to inform that some of our capital projects are already nearing completion and we hope to move to the stage of commissioning any time soon.
11. I want to assure all the good people of Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency that we are very much on course not only to maximally deliver democratic dividends and quality representation; we are equally determined to set records of achievements that will be very hard and if not impossible for anyone else to beat. It is also important to reiterate that the electoral trust reposed in me will never be taken for granted. More so, the support and love shown to me in the last two years by the good people of Idanre and Ifedore are truly appreciated.
12. I thank you all for your unyielding love, support and continuous prayers. Thank you and God bless us all.
13. God Almighty shall continue to bless Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency and Ondo State at large.