Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Rushed To Hospital After Overdosing On Chloroquine

Scroll down to content

A Nigerian man has been rushed to hospital after he overdosed on chloroquine and became unconscious.

The man, whose identity has not been revealed, was said to have started taking doses of chloroquine to prevent coronavirus.

The Herald gathered that he has also been giving the same to his children.

A Nigerian doctor, Dr. Chinonso Egemba aka Aproko Docktor, disclosed this on Twitter on Friday morning.

Egemba warned against overdosing on chloroquine, saying it could cause blindness, headache, drowsiness, slow heart rate, confusion, seizures/convulsion, unconsciousness and death.

He noted that although hydroxylchloroquine showed promise in some patients with the COVID19 infection, further tests were being conducted before it is approved as a treatment for the new Coronavirus.

Egbemba added, “Dosage is being formed, don’t assume that it’s the same dose for malaria that will be used for this. We still do not know that.

“If you take it now, you are simply using yourself and your loved ones for experiments.

“Not everyone will be lucky to tell the story.”

He wrote:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: