This is to inform the general public and all interested applicants that the application process into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 71st regular course (Degree programmes) for the 2019/2020 academic session has commenced.
Candidates admitted into the Nigerian Defence Academy for the regular course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets; 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
APPLICATION for entry is now open to both male and female Nigerians and WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE ONLINE (Visit www.bit.ly/ndareg ). Interested applicants can do so from Monday 22 October 2018 to Thursday 14 March 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants applying for admission into NDA must also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) and MUST select NDA as FIRST CHOICE INSTITUTION.
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT: Your first step to apply to the Nigerian Defence Academy is to create an account.?Click Here (www.bit.ly/ndaregistration) to create an account. If you already have an account, click to login to the portal. Your account will enable you purchase a form and also complete your application over several sessions. You will access your secure application in subsequent sessions by signing in under “Log In” or “Application Status”. If you have started an application previously, you can always login to continue. The system will prompt you on how to complete the application. Once satisfied with the application, click on submit!
2. PURCHASE FORM?Applicants can pay for their applications Online via the portal or via REMITA Retrieval Reference RRR at any Nigerian bank of choice which is N3,500 only.
3. UPLOAD DOCUMENTS :The online upload of required application documents is necessary, it is therefore advised that you please come along with the originals of this uploaded documents for sighting during your interview. Your application information is maintained on a secure server and remains confidential prior to submission. Use the Support link to get help or assistance during the completion and submission process.?Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials, have been uploaded and submitted along with your application.
4. REVIEW: Your application will be reviewed by the appropriate admission officials once submitted to Nigerian Defence Academy Online. All required application procedures must be completed on or before the appropriate application deadline.
5. APPLICATION STATUS?Check the status of your application by logging into this system with the login details assigned to you for the application.
1. To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
* Passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) and attained an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics and any other two subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB brochure.
* The course applied for on JAMB and NDA portal must be the same.
* The choice of UTME subjects combination must be relevant to the course applied for in NDA.
* Minimum of Five O level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC,NECO and NABTEB) in English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
* Candidate must be up to 17 years but not more than 21 years by 1 August 2019.
?Note:(1) Candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 19 years old at entry.
?(2) The Nigerian Air Force has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
* Must not be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.65 meters for female.
* Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
* Must have a BMI of between 18.5 – 25.5 kg/m2 to be considered for selection.
* Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
* Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the State Government or Local Government Area.
* Working knowledge of French, Arabic or Mandarin language is an added advantage.
2. Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
* Candidates awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
* Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
* Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, but Nigerian Air force does not accept female candidates for now.
For more information, visit www.bit.ly/ndareg