A fire outbreak which occurred in Kolokolo area of Enerhen town, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State on Thursday night, reportedly killed an 8-year-old girl identified as Kevwe Oghenevo.
It was gathered that the inferno destroyed property worth millions of Naria while the building is currently at the verge of collapse if urgent steps are not taken by good Samaritans to assist the owner.
Eyewitness, Mariam Jacob said the incident occurred when the mother of the victim was filling her stove with kerosene suspected to be adulterated. The product caught fire.
One of the occupants of the building, Josaiah Thomas who spoke to journalists said” The fire consumed all that we have. We heard shouts, and we thought it was a mere shout, only to discover that our house was on fire. We were injured and the little girl got burnt and the mother escaped.”
Police Public Relations Officer in the state,DSP Andrew Aniamaka who confirmed the incident to journalists in Asaba, said investigation into the inferno was ongoing, adding that the Survivors gave conflicting stories that require thorough investigation and warned that those behind the alleged adulterated Kerosene product, would be brought to book.
In the last few months, there has been hue and cry over alleged adulterated kerosene product in circulation across the state, particularly in Asaba, Ughelli,Warri, Ibusa, among others.