See The Cause Of The Fire That Gutted Osun Governor’s Office

The Osun State Government has revealed the cause of the fire that gutted the main room of Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s office on Monday.

Sola Fasure, the Media Adviser to the Governor, offered the explanation in a statement Monday night.

“At about 4.00pm on Monday July 23, 2018, there was a fire incident at the main room of the Office of the Governor, Bola Ige House, Abere. This was occasioned by one of the air conditioning units in the room.

“Security operatives on sentry duty attacked the fire with dry fire extinguishers on standby before they were complemented by officers of the state’s fire brigade. They succeeded in putting out the fire after about 30 minutes.

“The fire was contained effectively in the main room and did not extend to any other part of the building.

“No life was lost and no person or animal was injured. No file or any document was burnt and no property, other than the air conditioning unit, was damaged or burnt. The smoke from the fire however scarred the white walls of the room and darkened them.

“Further investigation is ongoing and the public will be briefed as and when necessary,” Fasure said.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s