Baby Dies After Drinking Poisoned Breast Milk After Her Mother Was Unknowingly Bitten By A Snake In Her Sleep

A toddler has died after being breastfed with poisoned milk, after her mother was bitten by a snake in her sleep.

Police said that the Indian mother, 35, who also died, did not realize she had been attacked while sleeping, and had unknowingly breasted the three-year-old girl upon waking.

The toddler and her mother both fell ill in the Uttar Pradesh state on Thursday, but died before they could reach hospital, police inspector Vijay Singh said.

The family spotted the snake in another room but the creature escaped. A post-mortem is to be carried out, but police have registered a case of accidental death, the officer added.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s